Alright, I’m departing from my usual format here to drop a guide for completing some of the harder-to-compete DP quests in Hell Frontier.
- Save up 10 Light/Dark Crystals and some Earth Crystals
- Use the Earth Crystals on a Dim Matrix, and Activate it
- Find Tyrael/Diablo’s Corpse
- Feed the Light/Dark Crystals to Tyrael’s/Diablo’s Corpse
The “Light Sacred Artifact” and “Dark Sacred Artifact” sets.
- Buy 3 of the 4 pieces from the Light-Crystal Shop and the Dark-Crystal Shop respectively.
- Buy (from the respective Crystal Shops) or find (on corpses*) 3 Demon Thorns (for the Light Set item) or 3 Angel Wings (for the Dark Set item).
- *:This is a little confusing, because Angel Wings are found on Demon Corpses, but are needed for the Dark Set, and vice versa. So you need to search Demons to get the parts for the Dark Set, which isn’t hard to understand — but then they went and put Demon Corpses in the Light-crystal Strongholds, so you need to spend Light Crystals to get the Dark Set item, and vice versa. OR you can get both Angel and Demon Corpses from the Earth-crystal Dim Matrix, but you only have a chance to get the items if you Search the corpses rather than Reviving them.
- Find a recipe for the last item specifically on the respective kind of corpse (in the opposite kind of Stronghold!) — I’ve heard that they can also show up in the correct kind of Crystal Shop, but I’ve never seen them there.
- Gather 25 of the appropriate kind of Crystal for your item, and 3 fire Crystals.
- Find a Dim Matrix, and put the Fire Crystals in, then put the Recipe in, then hit Craft.
- Put the entire suit on for the DP. 🙂
The Doomsday Blade reaches the Max Level
- Save up 126 Fire Crystals.
- Find the Doomsday Blade somewhere below F50.
- Upgrade the Doomsday Blade 5 times.
- Draw the Doomsday Blade.
Learn a Special Spell
- Save up 30 Dark Crystals
- Find Abbadon’s Statue
- Feed the Crystals to the Statue
- Use the resultant Scroll.
Successfully Transplanted the Corpse Flower
- Have as main one of Explosive Pumpkin, Cactus, Sunflower, or World Tree.
- Save up 10 Water Crystals
- Find the Withered Corpse Flower
- Feed the Water Crystals to the Corpse Flower
- Talk to the Corpse Flower
- Choose the Transplant option.
Open the Hell Rift
- Find six Hell Rifts in the floor before F50.
- Feed each Hell Rift a single Crystal.
- Upon feeding the sixth Crystal, collect all the Gems and tap the hell out of the Minecart and Barrel at the bottom of the screen.
- Just keep using the pet-summoning Collapsed Gate. It’ll happen.
Receive the Hand of Balrog
- Be a Farplane Ranger (lantern)
- Find Ragnaros’ Corpse
- Use Ragnaros’ Soul to obtain an Eye of Balrog
- Save up 28 Fire Crystals and a pile of Light and Dark Crystals
- Open Light-elemental Shops and buy Cores of Incandescence until you have 10
- Open Dark-elemental Shops and buy Blood of Mountains until you have 10
- Somewhere in there, buy a recipe for the Sulfuron Hammer
- Use 3 Fire Crystals on a Dim Matrix to open an Alchemy Matrix
- Use the recipe for the Sulfuron Hammer in the Alchemy Matrix
- Use the Eye of Balrog to turn the Sulfuron Hammer into the Hand of Balrog
Obtain the Hidden Gumball(/’s Fragments)
- Die somewhere, probably best below F50
- Next run, save up 50 of each Elemental Crystal, with 1 extra Dark Crystal
- Trade in your set of 50 Elemental Crystals for a Demon Gift Box the floor before you reach your Gravestone
- Open the Demon Gift Box to obtain 3 Satan’s Hearts and some other stuff
- Reach your Gravestone
- Feed your Gravestone one Dark Crystal to open up a portal
- Feed the portal 3 Satan’s Hearts
This Maze has a very clear “best” route for getting the DP quests done. It goes like this:
- Play Earth Elemental main, Genie and Three-Eye King linked, with Boots of Planar Prophet and Nugget Potion. Take Farplane Ranger (lantern) off the bat (F1 if you can), then just work to get the biggest Portals of Earth you can.
- Use your Crystals in the following fashion:
- Earth: Open every Stronghold as an Earth Stronghold (helps you build your collection of Crystals) until you get your Demon Gift Box. Open every Dim Matrix and an Earth Matrix until you’ve resurrected both Tyrael and Diablo.
- Light: Save 10 for resurrecting Tyrael. Open Light-side shops until you have 10 Cores of Incandescence, 3 Demon Horns, and a Recipe for Sulfuron’s Hammer.
- Dark: Save 50 for resurrecting Tyrael, feeding to Azazel’s Statue to keep Angels from resurrecting, and getting the special spell from Abbadon’s Statue. Open Dark-side shops until you have 10 Blood of Mountains, 3 Angel Wings, and a Recipe for Sulfuron’s Hammer.
- Water: Spend them into Collapsed Portals to summon Water Elementals that heal you every other turn. (Be sure to keep only 1 pet in case you need the other slot for Tyrael/Diablo!) After resurrecting Tyrael and Diablo, spend Water Crystals on the Dim Matrix until you’ve gathered 3 Gems. Then just..whatevs.
- Air: Spend them into Spell Shops when possible for more chances at Electrostatic Field/Disrupting Ray/Timestill. After getting 3 Gems from the Dim Matrices, spend Air Crystals to get a higher average EP per Matrix return.
- Fire: Save all of them. Seriously, you need 227 just to do the tasks on this list plus use the Teleport backwards. 😀
Good luck, and Enjoy!